Gluten-Free Eating Out: A List of Opportunities and Menus
Posted by nepeht on November 17, 2008
One might Go to http://www.glutenfreerestaurants.org/ in order to see a list of restaurants who have been “certified” as having Gluten-Free menus.
Additionally, this list was sent in by Janelle who compiled it for her husband who travels a lot. Naturally, when using this list or any other, it is advisable that one ask the server person if the menus or recipes have changed:
- Abuelo’s Zona Rosa– Ask for their Gluten Free Menu!
- Adobo Grill– Ask for their Gluten Free Menu!
- Applebee’s– Don’t bother, they won’t help you and warned me when I wrote that nothing in their restaurant is safe for a Celiac.
- Arbys– Beef, ham, turkey, grilled chicken (not diced!), veggies, shakes, Baked Potato and all toppings, potato cakes, Homestyle Fries
NOT French fries, Always ask if they have a dedicated fryer for the homestyle fries and potato cakes!
- A & WOnly sodas, shakes (no oreo pieces) and floats. NO FOOD!
- Bonefish Grill – Ask for their Gluten Free Menu!
- BURGER KING only burgers without buns and French fries (ask if they have a dedicated fryer for the French fries!), apple sauce, dairy desserts.
- Carrabba’s Italian Grill– Ask for their Gluten Free Menu!
- Cheeseburger In Paradise – Ask for their Gluten Free Menu!
- Chevy’s– Many grilled items are marinated in Agua Negra that contains soy sauce, these items are not gluten-free. When in doubt, ask your server or the manager if the item is marinated in Agua Negra. Request that corn tortillas not be put into the fryer. No French Fries.
Appetizers: Spicy Wings/Ranch Dressing, Guacamole, Chips, Salsa, Chile Con Queso Dip, Nachos Grande (NO red sauce), Jalapeno jelly, Mango salsa, Sour Cream, Pico de gallo
Grilled Quesadillas: Original Chicken (replace flour tortilla with corn tortilla), Grilled BBQ Chicken (replace flour tortilla with corn tortilla)
Fresh Salads: Santa Fe Chopped Salad (no mesquite grilled chicken), Tostada Salad (no flour tortilla shell AND request picadillo beef or salsa chicken),
Chicken Caesar Salad (NO mesquite-grilled chicken) Dressings: Salsa vinaigrette, Ranch, Caesar, Balsamic vinaigrette
Fajitas: Portobello, Mushroom & Asparagus, Succulent Shrimp, Baby Back Ribs, Fresh Catch of the Day (not marinated in Agua Negra)
Fajita Accompaniments: Guacamole, Sour Cream, Pico de Gallo, Rice, Beans (black, charra/pinto, refried), Sweet Corn Tomalito, Corn Tortillas (do not fry)
Fresh Mex Classics: Beef Enchilada(no chile meat sauce), Chicken Enchilada (no red sauce), Cheese Enchilada (no chile meat sauce), Beef Taco (corn tortilla only), Chicken Taco (corn tortilla only), Chicken Tamale Sauces: Ranchero Sauce, Green Sauce
Fresh Mex Specialties: Chicken Tacos (corn tortillas only), Steak Tacos (corn tortillas only) “Over the Top” Tortillas All Contain Gluten
Desserts: NOTE: Never eat the chocolate cactus garnish!! Chevys Flan, Raspberry Crème Brule, Coconut Cajeta, Sundae (no tortilla shell), ice cream Brunch: Huevos Rancheros (corn tortillas), NO omlettes!, Santa Fe Chopped Salad (No mesquite-grilled chicken), Brunch Potatoes
- Chick-fil-A– Chargrilled chicken fillet and salad, fruit cup, side salad, cole slaw, carrot raisin salad, bacon, egg, sausage, hash browns, waffle fries (ask if dedicated frier); Ice Dream. All Sauces and Dressings, the regular condiments and all beverages OK.
- Chili’s– ask for their Gluten Free menu!
SOUPS: Baked Potato SALADS: NO CROUTONS-Caesar Salad – Dinner & Chicken, Dinner House Salad
SALAD DRESSINGS: Caesar, Citrus Balsamic Vinaigrette, Honey Lime, Honey Mustard, Low-fat Vinaigrette, Thousand Island
SIDES: Broccoli, Corn on the Cob, Fresh Vegetables, Guiltless Corn, Guiltless Fresh Vegetables, Kettle Black Beans, Loaded Mashed Potatoes, Mashed Potatoes NO gravy, Pico, Rice, Salsa, Sautéed Mushrooms
RIBS: Carolina Ribs, Honey BBQ Ribs, Kentucky Bourbon Ribs, Original Ribs, Memphis Dry Rub Ribs
EXTRAS: Bacon, BBQ Sauce, Blossom Sauce, Chipotle Pepper Sauce, Corn Tortillas Raw, Guacamole, Honey BBQ Sauce, Marinara
BIG MOUTH BURGERS: Omit Fries, “Sides” listed above. Bacon Burger & Old Timer Burger- No Bun, Mushroom Swiss Burger – No Bun, No Fajita Onions,
Peppercorn Burger – No Bun, No Blue Cheese Dressing, No Blossom Strings. Peppercorn is OK.
STEAK: Select side item from “Sides” listed. Cajun & Flame Grilled Ribeye – No Garlic Toast, No Herb Au Jus, Classic Sirloin & NY Strip – No Garlic Toast, No Savory Steak Butter, No Herb Au Jus, Honey BBQ Sirloin – No Garlic Toast
GRILLED ENTREES: Guiltless Salmon, Grilled Margarita Chicken – No Tortilla Strips, Salmon with Garlic & Herbs
DESSERTS: Chocolate Shakes Ask Manager if prepared in dedicated mixer.
- Chipotle– Everything is Gluten Free except the flour tortillas!! Ask them to change their gloves before serving you.
- Cracker Barrel– Grill Items: hamburger steak, ribeye and sirloin steak, grilled catfish, grilled trout, grilled pork chops, country ham, city ham, bacon, eggs, pork sausage, turkey sausage. Side Items: carrots, cole slaw, corn, fried apples, green beans, mashed potatoes, baked potato, pinto beans, turnip greens.
Excluding the fried chicken tender salad and chunky chicken (homemade chicken salad) salad, salads ordered without croutons would not contain glutens.
- Dairy Queen Vanilla and Chocolate Soft Serve , Arctic RushTM slush – all flavors, MooLatté® (Please note: This does NOT include Hazelnut Flavored drinks.) Toppings: Chocolate, Hot Fudge, Marshmallow, Butterscotch, Strawberry, Caramel, DQ® Fudge Bar, DQ® Vanilla Orange Bar, Dilly® Bar, Blizzard®s: Reese’s® Peanut Butter Cup, Butterfinger®, Snickers®, Heath®, M&M®, Banana Split, Hawaiian, Tropical, Strawberry, Mint M&M®
- El Pollo Loco– Flame Grilled Chicken, pinto beans, corn tortillas, mixed vegetables.
- Fazoli’s– Chicken Breast-pieces, whole; broccoli blend; giardinierre vegetables; garlic shrimp; ham; meat sauce (not meatballs); turkey; salads with ranch, light ranch, Caesar, honey mustard, house, French and Italian dressings; lemon, peach, pomegranite and berry ices.
- Hardee’s– bacon; beef patty, cheeses, chili, coleslaw, eggs, French fries (check for dedicated fryer); grits; ham; hot chocolate; ham; hot dogs; ice cream (no cookies ‘n cream or cookie dough); milkshakes; mashed potatoes; roast beef.
- KFC – Only side salad w/ light Italian dressing, rice, green beans, corn and potato salad.
- Long John Silvers – ONLY corn and rice. Even the baked fish has gluten!
- McDonald’s –
French Fries and Hash Browns *CONTAINS: WHEAT AND MILK (Natural beef flavor contains hydrolyzed wheat)
Breakfast: scrambled eggs, Canadian bacon, sausage, cheese, order breakfast sandwiches without the bun-like item
Lunch and dinner: all of the buns and all of the chicken products either contain, or could have come into contact with, gluten.
Hamburgers and cheeseburgers, all toppings, no bun!, Salads (no chicken, no croutons or noodles) with dressing (any except Sesame Ginger),
fruit and yogurt parfait (without granola), apple dippers, ice cream, shakes, NO McFLURRIES!,
- Mimi’s Café– Only Salads, check ingredients on dressings.
- Mitchel’s Fish Market – Ask for their Gluten Free Menu!
- Old Spaghetti Factory – They have Gluten Free Pasta and several sauces! Be sure to remind the waiter that you are gluten free.
- Olive Garden– Ask for their Gluten Free Menu!
- Orange Julius– all drinks are gluten free. All food is not!
- Outback Steakhouse– Ask for their Gluten Free Menu!
- Panda Express– None of our food is Gluten Free.
- P.F. Changs– Ask for their Gluten Free Menu!
- PANERA BREAD -.
Salads-Greek Salad, Fandango Salad, Caesar Salad (without croutons), Grilled Chicken Caesar Salad (without croutons), Asian Sesame Chicken Salad (without Won Ton noodles), Classic Cafe Salad, Strawberry Poppyseed Salad, Strawberry Poppyseed Salad with Chicken, Fuji Apple Chicken Salad,
California Mission Chicken Salad, Orchard Harvest Chicken Salad
Salad Dressings: Balsamic Vinaigrette, Caesar, Greek Poppyseed, Raspberry Vinaigrette, Asian Sesame Vinaigrette, White Balsamic Vinaigrette,
Roasted Garlic & Meyer’s Lemon Vinaigrette
Soups: Low Fat Vegetarian Black Bean, Cuban Black Bean and Lentil, Vegetarian Roasted Red Pepper & Lentil, Vegetarian Butternut Squash,
Creamy Tomato (without croutons), Low-Fat Vegetarian Southwest Tomato & Roasted Corn
Beverages: Coffee, apple and orange Juice, Lemonade, Milk, Soda, regular and Chai Tea, All lattes & Frozen beverages, Strawberry Smoothie
- Red Lobster– please call our Guest Relations Department at 1-800-LOBSTER (800-562-7837) or email them at Guest Relations.
- Sheridan’s Custard– all custard is gluten free, toppings may not be (like Oreos or Nestle crunch pieces).
Bacon, Egg patty, Breakfast sausage patty, Hamburger, no bun, Hotdog, no bun, Sliced American cheese, Shredded cheddar cheese, Pepperjack cheese
Ketchup, Mustard, Marinara sauce, Salad dressings, all varieties in the usual menu*
Shake mix (Shakes may be made in the same container as malts. Ask the staff to clean the container to prevent cross-contamination.)
Softserve ice cream, Hershey’s chocolate syrup, Butterfinger, M&M, Reese’s Pieces, and whipped toppings
Route 44 drinks, all flavors in the usual menu, Slushes, all flavors in the usual menu
Sonic’s Tater Tots and French fries are gluten free if not fried with gluten-containing menu items. Ask if they have a dedicated fryer.
- Subway– All Meats and Salads EXCEPT Meatball, Seafood Sensation, Chicken Teriyaki; all cheeses, vegetables and dressings EXCEPT Atkins Honey/mustard.
- Taco Bell– Note: corn taco shells contain gluten, taco meat contains gluten, cross contamination is high!
Tostada, Pintos and cheese, Fiesta Taco Salad (order Chicken instead of Beef; order without the shell and without the Red Strips),
Express Taco Salad (order Chicken instead of Beef), Zesty Chicken BORDER BOWL® (order without the Zesty Dressing and without the Red Strips)
Rice, Express Rice, Salsa, Nachos with nacho cheese sauce, Southwest Steak Bowl (order without the Creamy Jalapeno Sauce)
- Taco Del Mar – use these to order a special item or order the menu items listed below.
Corn Tortilla, Tortilla Chips, Taco Shells, Marinated Boneless Chicken Filling, Spicy Ground Beef Filling, Seasoned Rice, Refried Beans, Seasoned Black Beans, Whole Pinto Beans, Monterey Jack/Cheddar Cheese Blend, Guacamole, Salsa, Sour Cream, Green (mild) sauce, Red (medium) sauce, Habanero (hot) sauce, White sauce, Lettuce/cabbage, Breakfast Items: Eggs, Hash Browns, Diced Potatoes
Dream up your own creation, or choose the Taco Del Mar menu items made with only wheat-free/gluten-free ingredients.
Gluten-Free Menu Items Hard Taco with chicken or beef, Soft Taco with chicken or beef on corn tortilla, Veggie Taco on corn tortilla, Baja Bowl – chicken or beef, Cheese, Chicken or Beef Enchilada on corn tortilla, No ENCHILADA SAUCE, use salsa, red, green or habanero sauce instead.
Super Nachos, Chips & Salsa, Rice and Beans, Kids Chips and Cheese, Kids Taco – chicken or beef on hard taco shell or soft corn tortilla, Breakfast Taco on corn tortilla or hard taco shell, Egg & Cheese Taco on corn tortilla or hard taco shell
- Ted’s Montana Grill– Ask for their Gluten Free Menu!
- Uno Ask for their Gluten Free Menu!– Gluten free options: Classic Cobb Salad, Chicken Gorgonzola, Grilled Rosemary Chicken, Baby Back Ribs, Filet Mignon, Top Sirloin Steak, Lemon Basil Salmon, Grilled Mahi-Mahi with Mango Salsa
- Waldo Pizzaat 72nd and Wornall has gluten free crust!
- Wendy’s – Meats: Hamburger Patty, Grilled Chicken Breast, Diced Chicken, Chili
Condiments: American and Swiss Cheese, Cheddar Cheese Sauce, Bacon, Lettuce, Tomato, Onion, Sliced Dill Pickles, Ranch Sauce
Baked Potatoes: Plain, Sour Cream & Chives, Bacon & Cheese, Broccoli & Cheese, Chili & Cheese, Buttery Best Spread
Salads: Chicken Caesar Salad (without croutons), Mandarin Chicken® Salad (without Crispy Noodles and Oriental Sesame Dressing), Roasted Almonds,
Caesar Side Salad (without croutons), Side Salad, Southwest Taco Salad, Seasoned Tortilla Strips, Reduced Fat Acidified Sour Cream
Dressings: Ancho Chipotle Ranch, Balsamic Vinaigrette, Classic Ranch, Fat Free French, Italian Vinaigrette, Honey Dijon, Light Honey Dijon,
Light Classic Ranch, Supreme Caesar, Thousand Island
FrostyTM: Chocolate FrostyTM, Vanilla FrostyTM, M&M’s® Candy Crumbles
Dipping Sauces: BBQ, Sweet & Sour, Honey Mustard, Honey, Wild Buffalo Ranch, Heartland Ranch
This entry was posted on November 17, 2008 at 1:34 pm and is filed under Gluten Watch!!!. Tagged: Gluten-Free Menu, Gluten-Free Restaurants. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.