Mainly Green Beans: A Quick & Healthy Gluten-Free Saute
Posted by nepeht on January 23, 2009
Mainly Green Bean: A Quick & Healthy Gluten-Free Saute
(For two hungry people — BUT — The more you add; the more people you can serve (see NOTEs below).)
- 2 Tablespoons of Butter or Margarine. *
- 1/8 cup white or yellow Onion Diced.
- 5 Medium Mushrooms Sliced.
- 1/3 cup of diced Ham or 1 small can of Vienna Sausages (Gluten-Free) or 1/4 cup of cooked and drained, diced bacon or sausage.*
- 1, 15 ounce Can of drained cut Green Beans (or 2 cups of fresh Green Beans).
- 1/4 medium Tomato Diced.
- Sprinkle to taste with grated Parmesan Cheese.
- Sprinkle to taste with Black Pepper, Salt and Garlic (or Garlic Salt).
- Begin by prepping cut ingredients (slice mushrooms, dice onion, dice tomato).
- Heat small to medium Skillet with Butter on Medium.
- Add Onions and cook for about 3 minutes.
- Add Mushrooms.
- Add Meat and cook for about 3 minutes.
- Add drained Green Beans and heat and turn for about 6-9 minutes.
- Add Tomato.
- Sprinkle with parmisian cheese. *
- Season with Garlic, Salt, Pepper. *
- Serve hot, as is, or over a starch such as rice, pasta or potato. *
- This dish goes really well with many different creative versions of rice, pasta or potatoes.*
- This dish can also be livened up with a little soy sauce. *
- Try a reduction of Gluten-Free wine or sherry. To “reduce”, just add about 1 to 2 Tablespoons about 4 minutes prior to completing and let bubble. *
- One could also add Slivered Almonds to this dish at the same time the Green Beans are added.
* Be sure to use Gluten-Free Versions of this ingredient.