Fresh Green Bean Saute with Pine Nuts
Posted by nepeht on February 9, 2009
Fresh Green Bean Saute with Pine NutsIngredients:
- ¼ to ½ Pound of Fresh Green Beans.
- 1 teaspoon of Vegetable Oil. *
- ¼ Cup Margarine of lightly salted butter or Margarine. *
- 3 Tablespoons of Fresh Pine Nuts.
- Sprinkle of Garlic Salt, Salt, and Black Pepper (to taste). ++
- Jane’s Crazy Salt. *
- With fingers or paring knife, cut off ends (about ¼ inch) of Green Bean pods.
- Heat Oil on ¼ or 2.5 in an 8-10 inch Saute Skillet.
- Add Butter or Margarine.
- Add Green Beans.
- Season with sprinkled Black Pepper, Garlic Salt, Salt (optional), and Jane’s Crazy Salt (as if to taste).
- Add Pine Nuts.
- Let Saute for about 5 minutes, then rotate the beans with a fork.
- Let Saute for a few more minutes.
- Lower heat to “Low” or 1/10 and cover for a few minutes.
- When about to serve, rotate beans again and heat on high for about one minute. (Be careful NOT to burn the pine nuts. They are best when they are slightly browned).
- Serve hot as vegetable side dish.
+ Note: Jane’s Crazy Mixed Up Salt is reportedly gluten-free.
++ For Good Health, one could skip the regular table salt as this flavoring is already contributed using Garlic Salt and Jane’s Crazy Mixed Up Salt.
* Be sure to use Gluten-Free Versions of these ingredients.