Posted by nepeht on November 25, 2008
If you are like me, two things are all to frequently true:
- Going out of town on serious business can be stressful; and
- Stressful times in a foreign atmosphere often lead to a Gluten Relapse — however small or catastrophic.
In a way, I could admit that I am talking about how being in a stressful and strange atmosphere facilitates me giving myself permission to drift (and in some cases dive) away from my good-boy Gluten-Free maintenance. Stress has been found to increase the likelihood for drug and alcohol relapse. And there has been some reasonable discussion about Gluten and Addiction.It seems the same principles could be at work with Gluten: One is stressed, so they are more likely to do something convenient that they know could hurt them.
Still this does not make it right.
And furthermore, beating myself up for my gluten relapse is probably not going to help either.
The key is to get back onto that wagon and ride on out of here.
Can I do it? Yes I can!!! OK, so on we go now.
Posted in G-F PsychoBabble, G-F Simp. Philosophy, The Personal Side | Tagged: Addiction, Drug and Alcohol Relapse, Gluten Relapse, Stress | Leave a Comment »
Posted by nepeht on November 11, 2008
This section is an attempt to logically explain the need for valid information and how even though there may be more information to manage as a result; the windfall from the validity of the information compared to the previous state of confusion makes the increase in information acceptable.
Assumption 1: Increasing Valid Information Can Help Increase Simplicity:
This is particularly true in complex situations that are populated with invalid information. There are few things more frustrating than having an often awful disease with irritants to which one is frequently unintentionally exposed, yet one cannot readily identify either the irritants or their sources.
It is something like this:
- Imagine that you are a human being who needs to drink at least a gallon of water per day to survive.
- Imagine that the water available to you is also harmful to your system with negative and painful effects following each exposure as well as in the long run.
- Imagine that you do not yet know that this water is harmful to you.
- Imagine that you try and try to find out what in your environment is causing you these problems yet you cannot get valid information that specifically identifies this water as the source of your problem.
- Imagine that you frequently consume other products (i.e., Foods, Beverages, Food Supplements, Health and Beauty Aides) as do other human beings, simply in order to survive and that many of these products contain that particular water that causes you the misery of these short-term and long-term reactions to having this poison in your system.
- Imagine that you often ask family, friends, servers, retail vendors, purveyors, manufacturers, preparers, medically-related experts, elected officials and others for help in identify the products in your daily life that contain this water, yet few even respond, and many who respond do not give valid answers.
- Imagine that those who can provide a small variety of products for your necessary daily consumption, products that traditionally have needed this poisonous waterfor preparation have agreed to provide it to you, yet when they label it as “Poisonous Water-Free” they really mean that it actually probably contains a potentially harmful amount of this water in it and on top of that, they charge you from 3 to 5 times the usual price for these products.
- Imagine that some of those who you turn to for information and instrumental support necessary to prevent further exposure to this poisonous water either directly or indirectly label you as abnormal, deviant, or simply to blame for this problem, some assert that you must have done something wrong to have incurred this problem; some feel that you deserve any adverse effects related to this problem; and some over-react to you having this problem.
*** Now, substitute the word “Gluten from Wheat” for the word “Water” above.
OK, so if someone could come along and finally give you valid information that would help you more reliably and accurately navigate your way clear of exposure to this poisonous water, wouldn’t that help make your life simpler, and perhaps more enjoyable?
Posted in G-F Simp. Philosophy | Tagged: Food, Gluten, Poison, Stress, Wheat | Leave a Comment »